The unusual shape of the nuts (in the form of a curved comma) comes from Brazil (the most of them are imported via this site), where they were first found, and then spread around the world. This is a real gift of nature! Each cashew nut contains a huge supply of nutrients, minerals, vitamins, acids and other equally important components.
Composition and calorie content
Useful properties of cashews for a person are due to its unique composition, containing various vitamins, minerals, unsaturated fatty acids (Omega-3, -6, -9), starch, antioxidants, sugar-containing substances, dietary fiber (source 1). Regularly using this natural product, you can fill the body with all the necessary elements for its full-fledged work.
100 grams of nuts contain 30 grams of carbohydrates, 44 grams of fat and 18 grams of protein. Their caloric content in raw form is 553 kcal per 100 grams. This indicator is significantly reduced during frying. You should remember that nuts have high caloric content and nutritional properties, and do not abuse their consumption. The optimal daily dose for adults is no more than 12 pieces, and for children - up to 8 pieces. People suffering from excess weight should find out how useful cashews are to get rid of the kilograms they have gained. So, these nuts, even in small quantities, can quickly saturate. As a consequence, the feeling of hunger disappears, appetite is suppressed and there is no desire for uncontrolled consumption of food. Cashew nuts are of great importance in special dietary nutrition, and their useful properties help to solve many health problems. Thanks to the consumption of this product, you can safely switch to food of plant origin. In this case, even a very small number of nuts can compensate for the lack of protein and at the same time provide a sense of saturation, maintain a high level of indicators, both mental and physical.
Useful qualities of cashewsWhat are the benefits of Brazil nuts for health?
- Omega acids, containing in the composition, are able to regulate the processes of blood clotting, which is very good for the work of the entire cardiovascular system. As a consequence, the vascular walls become more elastic and durable, the possibility of formation of cholesterol plaques is significantly reduced.
- Minerals help to control excretory processes, thereby facilitating the work of the kidneys. As a result, the manifestations of puffiness decrease.
- The pronounced antioxidant properties of nuts help to fight cancer.
- Included in the composition of nuts iron is necessary for the treatment of anemia.
- Due to the balanced composition of the product, the endocrine system is stabilized, which is directly related to the strengthening of immunity.
- Cashew is a strong natural antiseptic, due to which it copes well with many lesions of the epidermis.
- The composition of cashew nuts, the benefits and harms of which are well studied in various branches of medicine, directly affects the speed of the impulses of nerve fibers, resulting in stabilized brain activity, increases mental capacity, undergo stressful situations, improves sleep, memory and performance.
- Antimicrobial qualities of cashews allow to effectively fight against pathogenic bacteria in the mouth, to remove inflammatory processes.
Benefits for the male bodyCashew nuts are considered to be a powerful natural aphrodisiac, and the benefits and harm from them play a big role in men's health. This product is able to have the most positive effect on the potency, for a long time maintaining the sex drive at the proper level.
- Vitamin E strengthens the health of the genital organs and activates the reproductive function, contributes to greater endurance and energy.
- Zinc enhances the activity and vitality of spermatozoa.
- An amino acid called tryptophan significantly reduces the harmful effects of nicotine on the body, neutralizing most of the harmful substances contained in tobacco. It is for this reason that cashews will be especially useful for men who can not get rid of bad habits.
- The ability of cashews to activate nerve impulses and improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system is very important for a full reproductive function in men.
Benefits for women and childrenThis small Brazil nut is rich in all the substances necessary for the full work of reproductive organs of women. With unpleasant manifestations of PMS, or with a painful course of menstruation, the use of cashews will be very useful: magnesium, which is a large part of the product, can reduce discomfort.
With increased emotional, mental and physical loads, cashews must be included in your daily diet. High concentration of magnesium very well affects the excretory system of women, as well as the circulatory system, so that the condition is normalized during various pathologies of the menstrual cycle.
Everyone knows the vitamin E, a vitamin of youth and beauty, nicotine and omega-acids, which are so rich in nuts, and can make the skin smooth, fresh, with a beautiful color. That is why cashew oil is so actively used in modern cosmetology, because useful properties and contraindications to the use of this product make it possible to prepare masks, scrubs, creams and lotions on its basis.
For women, the care of their appearance is a natural necessity, and nuts can help them in this. They have long been used to improve the condition of hair, face and body. At the present time, cashew oil is part of the care products, because thanks to its antioxidant, regenerating and toning properties, you can prolong youth and beauty for a long time.
Brazil nuts are often offered to women during pregnancy, as they are able to normalize the pressure and improve the performance of the heart muscle gently and, at the same time, very effectively. The product contributes to the correct formation of the fetal skeleton, strengthens its immunity. In addition, cashews contain a complex of all components, so necessary for a future mother to maintain her health and strength. However, it is very important to observe the exact dosage of nuts prescribed by the doctor. In the case of individual intolerance to one of the constituents of the cashew, or when the first signs of an allergic reaction appear, you should immediately stop using them.
Nut is very useful for children. This will only happen if you use it according to age recommendations and if you do not have any allergies to any of its components. Currently, there is no evidence of damage from cashews, provided that you consume the recommended daily allowance. However, before you include it in your diet, you should consider the individual characteristics of your body and in case of any doubt, seek help from a specialist.
Contraindications to consumptionIt would seem that such a product rich in all kinds of useful substances can not bring any harm to the body, but in some cases it is still worth refusing from its use.
- Like all nuts, cashews are an allergen product. For this reason it is necessary to take it with caution, especially for the first time, and also it is not necessary to give it to small children who have not reached the age of three.
- It is necessary to give up nuts to those who have problems with the full function of the liver, as well as in the case of the tendency to the formation of kidney sand and stones. Otherwise, the condition may only worsen.
- It is not recommended to consume it on the last terms of pregnancy.
- Individual cashews intolerance.
- In case of overeating this product, you may be disturbed by diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, rashes on the skin.
- It is not advisable to consume cashews with gastritis, as this can irritate the sensitive mucosa. With this disease it is better to pay attention to hazelnuts, which is recommended to eat in small amounts.